Day 2 and Day 8 Non-Vaccinated UK Arrivals PCR Swab Test Home Kit
The testing you require when you arrive in England depends on where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive. Please see the latest government information for the rules on travel to England from another country during coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please note this Day 2 and 8 testing package is for international arrivals who do not qualify under the fully-vaccinated rules
The testing you require when you arrive in England depends on where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive.
Please see the latest government information for the rules on travel to England from another country during coronavirus (COVID-19).
- This Day 2 and 8 Testing Package is for international arrivals who are not fully vaccinated and are arriving in England from a country that is not on the red list
From 04:00 on Monday 4th October, you must follow these rules if you:
- Do not qualify under the fully vaccinated rules
- Are partially vaccinated
- Are not vaccinated
Before you travel to England you must:
- Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 3 days before you travel to England
- Book and pay for this Day 2 and Day 8 testing package before you travel – tests to be taken after your arrival in England
- Complete your passenger locator form – any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
After you arrive in England you must:
- Quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days
- Take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8
- If you wish to shorten your quarantine you may opt into book additional Test to release PCR Test on Day 5.
This Covid-19 Day 2 and 8 Testing Package gives you the option to have a kit posted to your place of quarantine, or for quicker results, you can complete your Day 2 and 8 tests at one of our clinics, Please note you are allowed to leave your place of quarantine to travel to a testing centre for your Covid tests.
The PCR swab test itself is 100% sensitive in detecting the presence of the RNA of coronavirus and will pick up the presence of COVID-19 in your nose. You do not need to quarantine unless the test result is positive.
Prior to travel, please simply follow the steps below:
1. You need to order and pay for this test before you are due to arrive in the UK. The day you arrive in the UK is your day 0 and you can conduct your Day 2 test on or before day 2.
2. You will be given a unique code (e.g. CDIAG0000000) to use when you fill out your UK government passenger locator form before you arrive in the UK VIA Order confirmation email.
3. If you do not receive your confirmation email after this booking, please check your spam or junk email before contacting us.
4. When you select the option Home Test Kits. We recommend you select the 1-2 day before you arrive in the UK so your kit arrives on day 0 or 1. Please note that we do not post kits on weekends or bank holidays and there is no postal delivery on a Sunday. If you wish for a Monday delivery we recommend selecting Thursday as the postal day.
5. Please carefully read the swab-kit instructions letter before taking your tests. You must accurately complete one test request form for each test (one for Day 2 test and one for Day 8 test) and post the test to us the day that you conduct the test.
6. You will need to take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 of your quarantine period. The day of your arrival in England is day 0.
7. Your day 2 test results will then be sent to you via email as soon as they are available (in 1 to 2 days after your test arrives at our lab)
8. You need to take a second test on or after day 8 unless you got a positive result from your day 2 test.
9. Your day 8 test results will then be sent to you via email as soon as they are available (in 1 to 2 days after your test arrives at our lab)
10. On day 10 your quarantine is over unless you have used our 'Test To Release' scheme (which needs to be purchased separately) or have tested positive in either of your tests.
When will I receive my results?
In-clinic test: You should receive your test result next day or day after next you have been tested – The Day 2 and day 2 & 8 test does not guarantee next day results.
Postal test: You should receive your test result 1 to 2 days after your test arrives at our laboratory. The day 2 and 8 test does not guarantee next day results. Please do not rely on Royal Mail if you need your result in a specific timeframe. If you need a test in a specific timeframe please use a courier service or come in to be swabbed at one of our locations.
We are also required by the UK government to send your Day 2 or Day 8 test for genomic sequencing if your result is positive on your
Day 2 or Day 8 test.
Home Kits Delivery Notice
Due to ongoing postal delays during the pandemic, we recommend that home-kits are purchased leaving plenty of time for delivery. A pre-paid return method is provided, however we cannot be accountable for any unforeseen delays. The delivery of your result is dependent on when your sample reaches the laboratory. For quickest turnaround, we recommend visiting our clinic.
|Despatch Day||Estimated Delivery|
|These are estimated times only.|
For Sameday Despatch, please place your order before 3PM (GMT Time Monday-Friday). Orders placed after 3PM will be despatched next working day. Please ensure that you always allow plenty of time for postage to arrive in these unprecedented time. Coming to our clinic is the fastest way that your swab will reach to the lab in timely manners. Please see an example of estimated delivery.