Day 2 Only Fully Vaccinated UK Arrivals Same Day PCR Swab Test
This test is for international arrivals who are fully vaccinated and are arriving in England from countries that are not on the red list. You will need to take this PCR test on or before Day 2 after your arrival in England.
Please note this Day 2 PCR Test is for fully vaccinated arrivals only
- This test is for international arrivals who are fully vaccinated and are arriving in England from countries that are not on the red list.
- You will need to take this PCR test on or before Day 2 after your arrival in England
- You will not need to isolate in quarantine on your return unless this test is positive
From 04:00 on Monday 4th October 2021, you will qualify as fully vaccinated if you are vaccinated either:
- With a full course of the Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna or Janssen vaccines from a relevant public health body in Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bahrain, Brunei, Canada, Dominica, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan or the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
You must have had a complete course of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England.
If you qualify as fully vaccinated you must:
- Book and pay for this Day 2 COVID-19 test before you travel – to be taken after your arrival in England.
- Complete your passenger locator form – any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in England.
- Take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 after you arrive in England
Under the new rules, you will not need to:
- Take a pre-departure test
- Take a day 8 COVID-19 test
- Quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days after you arrive in England
If you are not fully vaccinated you must book a Day 2 and Day 8 testing package
Children aged 5 to 18 will need to do a Day 2 PCR. Children aged 4 and under will continue to be exempt from any travel testing.
How does this Day 2 PCR test work?
The PCR swab test itself is 100% sensitive in detecting the presence of the RNA of coronavirus and will pick up the presence of COVID-19 in your nose. You do not need to quarantine unless the test result is positive.
Prior to travel, please simply follow the steps below:
1. You need to order and pay for this test before you are due to arrive in the UK. The day you arrive in the UK is your day 0 and you can conduct your Day 2 test on or before day 2.
2. You will be given a unique code (e.g. CDIAG0000000) to use when you fill out your UK government passenger locator form before you arrive in the UK VIA Order confirmation email.
3. If you do not receive your confirmation email after this booking, please check your spam or junk email before contacting us.
How do I book an appointment and which day must I select?
The day you arrive in England is regarded as your day 0. Please note that you can conduct your Day 2 appointment on or before day 2 which means you can book your appointment on day 0, 1 or 2. When you book the test at one of our sites you will be given the option to choose your appointment date and time.
What happens if I test positive on my day 2 test?
The Day 2 Covid-19 test is to help identify any potential new variants of Covid-19 entering the UK. We are also required by the UK Government to send your Day 2 test for genomic sequencing if it is positive. You do not need to quarantine unless the test result is positive.
If you test positive on your Day 2 test, you must quarantine for a further 10 days beginning on the day the test was taken. You must also self-isolate if NHS Test & Trace informs you that you travelled to England with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Please regularly check the UK quarantine rules: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-
When will I receive my results?
In-clinic test: You should receive your test result next day or day after next you have been tested – The Day 2 and day 2 & 8 test does not guarantee next day results.
Postal test: You should receive your test result 1 to 2 days after your test arrives at our laboratory. The day 2 & 8 test does not guarantee next day results. Please do not rely on Royal Mail if you need your result in a specific timeframe. If you need a test in a specific timeframe please use a courier service or come in to be swabbed at one of our locations.
We are also required by the UK government to send your Day 2 test for genomic sequencing if your result is positive on your Day 2 test.
‘Sameday’ results definition – These are not available for self swab / home kits . These are in clinic appointments only. Results are issued to the email that the customer specifies whilst purchasing the test (registered email) and confirms when having the test, by midnight* on the same day that the sample is taken. We recommend that your travel date should be the day after you receive your result.
*Our laboratory(ies) will do endeavor to deliver before midnight but in a very small number of instances you may receive your results a short time after midnight up to 2am. This occurs very rarely.